What is TIMS?
TIMS (Transport Integrated Management System) is an online platform created to enable citizens to access NTSA (National Transport & Safety Authority) services conveniently.
All government services offered by NTSA have now been migrated to this platform. Some of these services include:
• Motor vehicle registration
• Motor vehicle inspection booking
• Motor vehicle transfer of ownership
• Motor vehicle record search
• Application for smart DL
• Application for duplicated logbook
• Application for reflective number plate
It is mandatory for anyone looking for any of the above services to register for a TIMS account. Account registration is FREE and can be done easily on the NTSA website at http://www.ntsa.go.ke/
Here is How to Create an Account on TIMS
1. Go to the NTSA website http://www.ntsa.go.ke/
2. Here you will find two sub domain options- one for the NTSA Index website and one for TIMS. Select TIMS.
3. You will now be rerouted to https://tims.ntsa.go.ke/
4. On the top right hand side of the page you will find several options such as:
• Sign in using e-citizen (please note you can use this option if you already have an e-citizen account),
• Sign in (this is for people who already have an account)
• Register an account (this is for people who have no account)
• Subscribe SMS (this service allows you to receive notifications on passwords, security codes and other relevant information).
5. Select Register an account
6. You will now find several options requesting you to choose whether you are an individual, dealer, agent, financial institutions, company or driving school.
7. On the same page confirm whether you are a citizen or alien and input your ID serial number
8. You will then be prompted to input your KRA PIN and your mother’s maiden name, your phone number and profession on the next page.
9. You can now proceed to get a verification code which will be sent to your phone.
10. Key in this code to finish the registration process
11. You can now go back to the home page and sign in to access NTSA services